Home Offices Philippine RN's UK RN's Foreign RN's Requirements Contact Us Links


Procedures to follow for UK RN's 
(also applies to Philippine RN's currently working in the UK) 
intending to work in the U.S.A.:

#1  Pass the examination of the CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools).  To learn more about this, go to their website  If you already have NCLEX-RN, this supersedes the CGFNS and #1 does not apply to you.

#2  Create your resume for the prospective employer

#3  Contact: 

Pacific Link Healthcare
1040 Wordsworth Drive
Roswell, Georgia 30075
    Tel (770) 642-8730
    Fax (770) 518-0636

Pacific Link Healthcare will assist you with the procedures below.

#4  Sign an employment agreement with a U.S.A. employer.  Pacific Link Healthcare will find the employer based on your education, clinical skills, references, and job location preference. The employer will sponsor you for permanent residence status (Green Card).  The processing of this will de done by Pacific Link Healthcare in the U.S.A..

#5  Proceed with your application for your VisaScreen  certificate. The ICHP (International Commission on Healthcare Professionals) in association with CGFNS  verifies and evaluates your credentials to ensure compliance with the government's minimum eligibility standards.  Visit their website  You will need the certificate for the final visa interview at the US Consulate, and it is preferable to have this as early as possible.  

#6  Apply for licensure for the particular state that you anticipate you will be working in.  You need to register to take the NCLEX-RN.  Testing is available year round, 15 hours a day, 6 days a week. This is available in the US, its territories, and in Australia, Canada, England, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, Puerto Rico, South Korea, and Taiwan.

Visit the website

#7  Wait for INS approval of your petition, which can take 3-6 months depending on the location of the employer.  Each of the INS service centers has jurisdiction over certain states.

#8  Upon INS approval, you will receive forms and instructions for final processing at the US Consulate.

#9  Bon voyage to the U.S.A.!


Home Offices Philippine RN's UK RN's Foreign RN's Requirements Contact Us Links