U.S.A. REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND IMMIGRATION SERVICE REGULATIONS
H-1B (Temporary Working Visa)
- A minimum requirement of Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy
- An evaluation of the applicants' Occupational Therapy education by an institution designated by the State Labor Department to determine that the applicants' education is substantially equivalent to the U.S. education.
- Experience is not required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (U.S. CIS); however, a minimum one year experience in direct patient care in a medical facility or in a private duty home care in the last 2-3 years is required by the majority of the hospitals and medical facilities in the U.S.
Licensure / Certificates:
- Passing the examination of the U.S. National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- A valid license to practice Occupational Therapy in the state of intended employment in the U.S.
- A Visa Screen Certificate issued by either CGFNS or NBCOT that includes passing the English proficiency tests (TOEFL, TWE & TSE) given by the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Shirley A. Knighton. Email: email@example.com.